Teenager jailed for 15 years over Beckton hammer attack
- Credit: Archant
A Beckton teenager who attacked a 15-year-old who had dated his sister with a hammer has been jailed for 15 years.
Adeel Khan, 18, was sentenced after being found guilty of the attempted murder of Ismail Khan, now 17.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard during the three-week trial that the victim and a friend were in Evelyn Denington Road at 9pm on October 7, 2012, when they were approached by several males.
One of them was brandishing a hammer and repeatedly struck Mr Khan on the head, causing life threatening injuries from which he is still recovering.
Mr Khan spent 10 days in hospital as a result of the attack and named his attacker as Adeel Khan, who is not related.
You may also want to watch:
Adeel Khan was charged with attempted murder on June 21, 2013.
As part of the same trial, Humza Ahmed, 19, also of Beckton, was convicted of attempting to pervert the course of justice, regarding several witness intimidation matters.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
He was sentenced to nine months in prison, suspended for two years.