Teenager jailed for 15 years over Beckton hammer attack
- Credit: Archant
A Beckton teenager who attacked a 15-year-old who had dated his sister with a hammer has been jailed for 15 years.
Adeel Khan, 18, was sentenced after being found guilty of the attempted murder of Ismail Khan, now 17.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard during the three-week trial that the victim and a friend were in Evelyn Denington Road at 9pm on October 7, 2012, when they were approached by several males.
One of them was brandishing a hammer and repeatedly struck Mr Khan on the head, causing life threatening injuries from which he is still recovering.
Mr Khan spent 10 days in hospital as a result of the attack and named his attacker as Adeel Khan, who is not related.
You may also want to watch:
Adeel Khan was charged with attempted murder on June 21, 2013.
As part of the same trial, Humza Ahmed, 19, also of Beckton, was convicted of attempting to pervert the course of justice, regarding several witness intimidation matters.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
He was sentenced to nine months in prison, suspended for two years.