Teenager jailed for 15 years over Beckton hammer attack
- Credit: Archant
A Beckton teenager who attacked a 15-year-old who had dated his sister with a hammer has been jailed for 15 years.
Adeel Khan, 18, was sentenced after being found guilty of the attempted murder of Ismail Khan, now 17.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard during the three-week trial that the victim and a friend were in Evelyn Denington Road at 9pm on October 7, 2012, when they were approached by several males.
One of them was brandishing a hammer and repeatedly struck Mr Khan on the head, causing life threatening injuries from which he is still recovering.
Mr Khan spent 10 days in hospital as a result of the attack and named his attacker as Adeel Khan, who is not related.
You may also want to watch:
Adeel Khan was charged with attempted murder on June 21, 2013.
As part of the same trial, Humza Ahmed, 19, also of Beckton, was convicted of attempting to pervert the course of justice, regarding several witness intimidation matters.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
He was sentenced to nine months in prison, suspended for two years.