Teenager dressed as penguin assaulted on train after being asked if he supported Spurs
- Credit: BTP
Police are appealing for information after a teenager dressed as a penguin was assaulted on board a train.
The 19-year-old was travelling with his dad, aged 56, on a train from Liverpool Street to Chelmsford between 11.50pm and 12.25am on December 21.
A group of six other men asked the 19-year-old, who was waiting outside the toilet, if he supported Tottenham.
After using the toilet the teenager, who was dressed in a penguin fancy dress costume, found the men blocking his way and being aggressive.
His dad then tried to pull him away but both were punched and kicked. The disorder spilled out onto the platform at Chelmsford, and a passer-by who intervened was also assaulted and sustained a black eye.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe the people pictured as they may have informaton which could help the investigation.
Anyone who recognises the men or witnessed the attack should call 0800 405040 or text 61016, quoting reference number 228 of January 9, 2018.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19