Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A teenager was arrested for carrying a knife after police chased him down in the early hours of this morning (January 13).
Officers from the Metropolitan Police's violent crime taskforce noticed the 17-year-old boy behaving suspiciously in Vicarage Lane, East Ham, last night.
He ran away when approached by police at around 1am and was chased by foot, before being detained in nearby Becket Avenue.
The boy was searched and was found to be carrying a knife.
Sergeant Ben Mullender said: "There can be no excuse for someone to be carrying a knife like this on our streets.
You may also want to watch:
"My officers in the Violent Crime Taskforce are relentless in their efforts to tackle knife crime and thanks to them another weapon has been removed from the streets that may otherwise have been used to harm someone."
The teenager was arrested and remains in police custody.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19