Teenager arrested following Plaistow machete attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was arrested following a machete attack in Plaistow on Friday.
Emergency services were called to Chesterton Terrace at about 2pm to reports of a teenager, believed to be 17, suffering from an arm injury.
He was taken to an east London hospital and it is believed his injuries are not life threatening.
A male, aged 16, was arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in late July.
Officers in Newham continue to investigate the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Newham Police via 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 3 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 4 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections