Teenager arrested following Plaistow machete attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was arrested following a machete attack in Plaistow on Friday.
Emergency services were called to Chesterton Terrace at about 2pm to reports of a teenager, believed to be 17, suffering from an arm injury.
He was taken to an east London hospital and it is believed his injuries are not life threatening.
A male, aged 16, was arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in late July.
Officers in Newham continue to investigate the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Newham Police via 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing