Teenager arrested following Plaistow machete attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was arrested following a machete attack in Plaistow on Friday.
Emergency services were called to Chesterton Terrace at about 2pm to reports of a teenager, believed to be 17, suffering from an arm injury.
He was taken to an east London hospital and it is believed his injuries are not life threatening.
A male, aged 16, was arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in late July.
Officers in Newham continue to investigate the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Newham Police via 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 4 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 8 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 9 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving