Plaistow teenager in court charged with violent disorder at unlicensed music event
- Credit: Google Maps
A 19-year-old from Plaistow has denied violent disorder at an unlicensed music event.
Police officers were called to Overton Road in Brixton on Wednesday evening after multiple reports of the large, unlicensed event.
Officers attempted to disperse the event but some members of the crowd became hostile, police said.
Wise Gambou, of Chalk Road, appeared at Croydon Magistrates’ Court today (Monday, June 29) after he was charged with violent disorder.
He attended his hearing over video link and indicated a not guilty plea.
You may also want to watch:
District Judge Julie Cooper ruled the case was too serious to be dealt with at the magistrates’ court.
Mr Gambou will now appear at Inner London Crown Court on July 27.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 3 Three teenagers arrested after boy, 16, found stabbed in East Village
- 4 Man in hospital after 'acid attack' inside his home in Beckton
- 5 Why musician swapped working with pop stars to teaching Newham pupils
- 6 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 10 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station