Plaistow teenager in court charged with violent disorder at unlicensed music event
- Credit: Google Maps
A 19-year-old from Plaistow has denied violent disorder at an unlicensed music event.
Police officers were called to Overton Road in Brixton on Wednesday evening after multiple reports of the large, unlicensed event.
Officers attempted to disperse the event but some members of the crowd became hostile, police said.
Wise Gambou, of Chalk Road, appeared at Croydon Magistrates’ Court today (Monday, June 29) after he was charged with violent disorder.
He attended his hearing over video link and indicated a not guilty plea.
You may also want to watch:
District Judge Julie Cooper ruled the case was too serious to be dealt with at the magistrates’ court.
Mr Gambou will now appear at Inner London Crown Court on July 27.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford