Plaistow teenager in court charged with violent disorder at unlicensed music event
- Credit: Google Maps
A 19-year-old from Plaistow has denied violent disorder at an unlicensed music event.
Police officers were called to Overton Road in Brixton on Wednesday evening after multiple reports of the large, unlicensed event.
Officers attempted to disperse the event but some members of the crowd became hostile, police said.
Wise Gambou, of Chalk Road, appeared at Croydon Magistrates’ Court today (Monday, June 29) after he was charged with violent disorder.
He attended his hearing over video link and indicated a not guilty plea.
You may also want to watch:
District Judge Julie Cooper ruled the case was too serious to be dealt with at the magistrates’ court.
Mr Gambou will now appear at Inner London Crown Court on July 27.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism