Plaistow teenager in court charged with violent disorder at unlicensed music event
- Credit: Google Maps
A 19-year-old from Plaistow has denied violent disorder at an unlicensed music event.
Police officers were called to Overton Road in Brixton on Wednesday evening after multiple reports of the large, unlicensed event.
Officers attempted to disperse the event but some members of the crowd became hostile, police said.
Wise Gambou, of Chalk Road, appeared at Croydon Magistrates’ Court today (Monday, June 29) after he was charged with violent disorder.
He attended his hearing over video link and indicated a not guilty plea.
You may also want to watch:
District Judge Julie Cooper ruled the case was too serious to be dealt with at the magistrates’ court.
Mr Gambou will now appear at Inner London Crown Court on July 27.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway