Teen arrested over shooting of Karim Samms in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A third teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murdering 16-year-old Karim Samms.
The unnamed 17-year-old was arrested on Friday in Middlesbrough. He has since been bailed for the murder, but has been remanded in custody for other unconnected offences.
Karim died in Roebourne Way on April 7 from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Another man, in his early 20s, was found shot nearby in Claremont Close. He was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
Police believe both were shot in the same incident in Pier Parade.
You may also want to watch:
Friday’s arrest sees the third teenager arrested on suspicion of Karim’s murder, after an 18-year-old and a 17-year-old were arrested in east London on Wednesday April 12.
They have since been bailed to a date in early May.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley