Teen arrested over shooting of Karim Samms in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A third teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murdering 16-year-old Karim Samms.
The unnamed 17-year-old was arrested on Friday in Middlesbrough. He has since been bailed for the murder, but has been remanded in custody for other unconnected offences.
Karim died in Roebourne Way on April 7 from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Another man, in his early 20s, was found shot nearby in Claremont Close. He was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
Police believe both were shot in the same incident in Pier Parade.
You may also want to watch:
Friday’s arrest sees the third teenager arrested on suspicion of Karim’s murder, after an 18-year-old and a 17-year-old were arrested in east London on Wednesday April 12.
They have since been bailed to a date in early May.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building