Teen arrested over shooting of Karim Samms in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A third teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murdering 16-year-old Karim Samms.
The unnamed 17-year-old was arrested on Friday in Middlesbrough. He has since been bailed for the murder, but has been remanded in custody for other unconnected offences.
Karim died in Roebourne Way on April 7 from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Another man, in his early 20s, was found shot nearby in Claremont Close. He was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
Police believe both were shot in the same incident in Pier Parade.
You may also want to watch:
Friday’s arrest sees the third teenager arrested on suspicion of Karim’s murder, after an 18-year-old and a 17-year-old were arrested in east London on Wednesday April 12.
They have since been bailed to a date in early May.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted