Teen arrested over shooting of Karim Samms in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A third teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murdering 16-year-old Karim Samms.
The unnamed 17-year-old was arrested on Friday in Middlesbrough. He has since been bailed for the murder, but has been remanded in custody for other unconnected offences.
Karim died in Roebourne Way on April 7 from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Another man, in his early 20s, was found shot nearby in Claremont Close. He was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
Police believe both were shot in the same incident in Pier Parade.
You may also want to watch:
Friday’s arrest sees the third teenager arrested on suspicion of Karim’s murder, after an 18-year-old and a 17-year-old were arrested in east London on Wednesday April 12.
They have since been bailed to a date in early May.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing