Suspects sought for supermarket attack
Detectives hunting two men who attacked supermarket staff have launched a public appeal. At the same time CCTV images of the suspects have been issued.
TWO supermarket staff were assaulted when they challenged a pair of suspected shoplifters.
The men, aged 28 and 30, suffered facial injuries following the attack at Tesco Express in Romford Road, Forest Gate, on December 1.
One was treated for a broken jaw.
Detectives have released CCTV stills in an attempt to track down the two men they believe are responsible.
They were seen entering the store at around 11.10am.
One began stealing food from a fridge and placing it in his jacket.
- 1 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 5 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
He became violent when confronted and punched a 28-year-old member of staff in the face.
He was eventually detained at the back of the shop while his accomplice was escorted outside.
But the second man then came back into the shop and punched another member of staff.
Both suspects then ran out of the shop before making off on mountain bikes.
Their victims were both treated at the Royal London Hospital.
The first suspect is described as white with short bond hair, 6ft 2ins in height and aged between 30 and 40.
He was wearing a high-visibility jacket, a grey hooded top, blue jeans and gloves.
The second suspect is Asian, around 6ft tall and also aged between 30 and 40.
He was wearing a baseball cap, black jacket, blue jeans and gloves.
Anyone with information should contact detectives on (020) 7275 5855 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.