Stratford youth charged with murder of Thomas Overton, 18
A 16-year-old youth from Stratford was last night charged with the knife murder of Thomas James Overton on Sunday in neighbouring Leyton.
The accused, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is due to appear in custody at Stratford Youth Court today.
Thomas Overton, 18, died of a stab wound to the heart during a fight in Beaumont Road, just after 4am,
Police investigators believe the fight stemmed from a house party in nearby Colchester Road which spilled out into the street.
An incident room has opened under Acting Det Chief Insp Richard Beadle of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident as it developed through a number of roads.
If you can assist police you should call the incident room on (020) 8721 4961. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings