Stratford youth charged with murder of Thomas Overton, 18
A 16-year-old youth from Stratford was last night charged with the knife murder of Thomas James Overton on Sunday in neighbouring Leyton.
The accused, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is due to appear in custody at Stratford Youth Court today.
Thomas Overton, 18, died of a stab wound to the heart during a fight in Beaumont Road, just after 4am,
Police investigators believe the fight stemmed from a house party in nearby Colchester Road which spilled out into the street.
An incident room has opened under Acting Det Chief Insp Richard Beadle of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident as it developed through a number of roads.
If you can assist police you should call the incident room on (020) 8721 4961. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 6 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel