Stratford youth charged with murder of Thomas Overton, 18
A 16-year-old youth from Stratford was last night charged with the knife murder of Thomas James Overton on Sunday in neighbouring Leyton.
The accused, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is due to appear in custody at Stratford Youth Court today.
Thomas Overton, 18, died of a stab wound to the heart during a fight in Beaumont Road, just after 4am,
Police investigators believe the fight stemmed from a house party in nearby Colchester Road which spilled out into the street.
An incident room has opened under Acting Det Chief Insp Richard Beadle of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident as it developed through a number of roads.
If you can assist police you should call the incident room on (020) 8721 4961. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation