Stratford workers ‘shocked’ at three-month-old baby’s death
- Credit: Archant
Staff working close to a Stratford road junction where a baby was found unresponsive on a bus have described their shock at the little girl’s death.
Emergency services were called to the junction of Carpenters Road and High Street at around 10.20am yesterday.
The three-month-old baby, who has not yet been formally identified, was taken to hospital where she was pronounced dead.
A 27-year-old woman and a 52-year-old man were arrested separately on suspicion of murder and remain in custody.
Numan Alam, who works at Filtons estate agents on High Street, said: “I saw lots of police and ambulances yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“There were two or three ambulances and two or three police cars.
“I didn’t think anything of it - I thought maybe it was a car accident or something.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 9 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
“It’s really not good.”
Travelodge receptionist Levana-Mary, who didn’t want to give her last name, said: ““It’s shocking, absolutely shocking.
“No-one knows anything about it, I’m so shocked.”