Stratford woman accused of attempting to poison her mother appears in court
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a Stratford banker who is accused of attempting to murder her mother with poison has been set for September 22.
Kuntal Patel, 37, of Park Road, appeared at Southwark Crown Court today for a plea and case management hearing.
She is charged with acquiring the highly toxic abrin, a rare poison more deadly than ricin, and two further counts of attempting to acquire it.
Patel is also charged with attempting to murder her magistrate mother, Meena Patel, on December 18, 2013.
She was arrested under anti-terrorism laws in January, although many of the act’s measures are not specifically related to terrorism.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 4 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 5 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing