Stratford woman accused of attempting to poison her mother appears in court
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a Stratford banker who is accused of attempting to murder her mother with poison has been set for September 22.
Kuntal Patel, 37, of Park Road, appeared at Southwark Crown Court today for a plea and case management hearing.
She is charged with acquiring the highly toxic abrin, a rare poison more deadly than ricin, and two further counts of attempting to acquire it.
Patel is also charged with attempting to murder her magistrate mother, Meena Patel, on December 18, 2013.
She was arrested under anti-terrorism laws in January, although many of the act’s measures are not specifically related to terrorism.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital