Stratford woman accused of attempting to poison her mother appears in court
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a Stratford banker who is accused of attempting to murder her mother with poison has been set for September 22.
Kuntal Patel, 37, of Park Road, appeared at Southwark Crown Court today for a plea and case management hearing.
She is charged with acquiring the highly toxic abrin, a rare poison more deadly than ricin, and two further counts of attempting to acquire it.
Patel is also charged with attempting to murder her magistrate mother, Meena Patel, on December 18, 2013.
She was arrested under anti-terrorism laws in January, although many of the act’s measures are not specifically related to terrorism.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections