Stratford teenager’s poem on knife and gun crime
A teenage girl has written a heartfelt poem about knife and gun crime in the capital.
Letetia Brown, 15, who lives in Stratford, wrote My Life Is Not For You To Take, Is It? in response to recent incidents of knife and gun crime across the capital.
Letetia, a pupil at Brampton Manor in Roman Road, East Ham, is hoping to make her poem available to a wider public so that it makes people think about knife and gun crime.
She came up with the idea of the poem as away of reflecting what she believes is real life for many, especially young people She said “I just thought I wanted to show what a teenagers view on knife and gun crime. I just came up with it myself and have shown it to family and two friends. They said it was really good.”
MY LIFE IS NOT FOR YOU TO TAKE IS IT?
You may also want to watch:
‘You wanna take my life and get nothing out of it’
I beg them to not take my life, while I’m on my knees with their gun to my head and knife to my throat
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
You watch me suffer,
But for what?
What have I got that you want?
I have nothing for you
You just wanna take my life and call your self a ‘DON’ call yourself a ‘wasteman’ you took my life and didn’t care
Yeah I’m from a different area but is that really a good enough
Is that the reason you get out of bed every morning because that’s just sad
‘You slit my throat, you pull the trigger, I’m in the alleyway and you just don’t quit
I stand and watch myself die
‘See the tears run from my eyes down my face
See my soul jump out of place’
Are You Mad?
My life was not for you to take so y did you take it.
Did it bring you happiness? , did it bring you joy? What about wealth?
NO…So was my life really worth taking?