East Ham man charged with Stratford station assaults
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with two early morning assaults at Stratford station.
Benoit Chaves, of Wakefield Street, East Ham, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.
The charges relate to an incident at around 6am yesterday (Tuesday) where two men were injured in the station’s concourse.
Chaves, 26, has been charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, attempted robbery, common assault, possession of an offensive weapon and affray.
Police are still appealing for anyone with information about what happened at the station to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Tim Weekes said: “Although a man has now been charged in connection with these assaults, our enquiries into what happened continue.
“I’d like to thank everyone who has already come forward with information and would ask anyone who witnessed the incident, and has not already made contact, to get in touch.”
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
Anyone with information should text BTP on 61016 or call 0800 405040, quoting reference 49 of 30/10/2018. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
The case has been sent for trial at Blackfriars Crown Court, where Chaves will appear on November 28.