East Ham man charged with Stratford station assaults
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with two early morning assaults at Stratford station.
Benoit Chaves, of Wakefield Street, East Ham, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.
The charges relate to an incident at around 6am yesterday (Tuesday) where two men were injured in the station’s concourse.
Chaves, 26, has been charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, attempted robbery, common assault, possession of an offensive weapon and affray.
Police are still appealing for anyone with information about what happened at the station to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Tim Weekes said: “Although a man has now been charged in connection with these assaults, our enquiries into what happened continue.
“I’d like to thank everyone who has already come forward with information and would ask anyone who witnessed the incident, and has not already made contact, to get in touch.”
- 1 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
Anyone with information should text BTP on 61016 or call 0800 405040, quoting reference 49 of 30/10/2018. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
The case has been sent for trial at Blackfriars Crown Court, where Chaves will appear on November 28.