Stratford shooting victim named by police
- Credit: Archant
A teenager killed following a shooting near Maryland station has been named.
Police found Abdul Mayanja, from Plaistow, after reports of shots being fired in Well Street on Friday evening.
The 19-year-old was taken to hospital where he later died.
While formal identification and post-mortem tests await, his next of kin have been informed.
On Saturday, detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command launched a murder investigation into Abdul’s death.
You may also want to watch:
They believe he may have been with two women, described as black, around the time of the shooting.
“If you are those women we want to hear from you,” said investigation lead Det Chief Insp Will Reynolds. “I understand that they may be scared or reluctant to come forward but it is vital that we hear from them.”
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
He added: “We know he left his home address in his car at around 10pm and was then found injured by officers at 10.40pm, so we are keen to establish who he was with and his movements.”
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8721 4005 or anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.