Stratford shooting victim named by police
- Credit: Archant
A teenager killed following a shooting near Maryland station has been named.
Police found Abdul Mayanja, from Plaistow, after reports of shots being fired in Well Street on Friday evening.
The 19-year-old was taken to hospital where he later died.
While formal identification and post-mortem tests await, his next of kin have been informed.
On Saturday, detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command launched a murder investigation into Abdul’s death.
You may also want to watch:
They believe he may have been with two women, described as black, around the time of the shooting.
“If you are those women we want to hear from you,” said investigation lead Det Chief Insp Will Reynolds. “I understand that they may be scared or reluctant to come forward but it is vital that we hear from them.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 10 We're not promising anything we can't deliver says West Ham boss David Moyes
He added: “We know he left his home address in his car at around 10pm and was then found injured by officers at 10.40pm, so we are keen to establish who he was with and his movements.”
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8721 4005 or anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.