Stratford shooting victim named by police
- Credit: Archant
A teenager killed following a shooting near Maryland station has been named.
Police found Abdul Mayanja, from Plaistow, after reports of shots being fired in Well Street on Friday evening.
The 19-year-old was taken to hospital where he later died.
While formal identification and post-mortem tests await, his next of kin have been informed.
On Saturday, detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command launched a murder investigation into Abdul’s death.
You may also want to watch:
They believe he may have been with two women, described as black, around the time of the shooting.
“If you are those women we want to hear from you,” said investigation lead Det Chief Insp Will Reynolds. “I understand that they may be scared or reluctant to come forward but it is vital that we hear from them.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 8 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
He added: “We know he left his home address in his car at around 10pm and was then found injured by officers at 10.40pm, so we are keen to establish who he was with and his movements.”
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8721 4005 or anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.