Stratford shooting: Police hunt for ‘getaway car’
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police investigating a Stratford shooting which left a young man fighting for his life in hospital today released a picture of the car they want to trace.
The 21-year-old victim was found with a gunshot wound to his head when officers were called to Romford Road, near the junction with Vicarage Lane, at about 10.30pm on Sunday, January 21.
While he has not been officially named, his next of kin are aware.
“There is a young man in a life-threatening condition and it is vital we uncover exactly what led to him being shot,” said investigation lead Det Insp Robert Allen.
The suspects were travelling in a silver Lexus, number plate AY52 CKD, police believe.
They then got out of the car, shot the victim and fled the scene in the vehicle.
“I need anyone with information about the vehicle or the shooting itself to come forward and speak to police or Crimestoppers anonymously so we can bring those responsible to justice.” Det Insp Allen added.
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 3 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 4 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 5 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 6 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 7 Romford West Ham fan accused of harassing Jewish man on flight
- 8 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 9 'Staffing crisis' impacts hospice's end of life care service
- 10 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
“I would appeal to anyone who remembers seeing this car in the Vicarage Lane area on the evening of Sunday, January 21, or knows where the vehicle is now, to contact us as a matter of urgency.
“Any information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.”
Officers arrested an 18-year-old man in Brentwood, Essex, on Thursday on suspicion of attempted murder.
He was taken to an east London police station, but has since been bailed to return to a date in late February.
Last week police cordons were set up on the Romford Road junction with Water Lane as specialist search teams swept the area for clues.
Officers ask anyone with information to call 020 7230 8570 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.