Stratford shooting: Police hunt for ‘getaway car’
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police investigating a Stratford shooting which left a young man fighting for his life in hospital today released a picture of the car they want to trace.
The 21-year-old victim was found with a gunshot wound to his head when officers were called to Romford Road, near the junction with Vicarage Lane, at about 10.30pm on Sunday, January 21.
While he has not been officially named, his next of kin are aware.
“There is a young man in a life-threatening condition and it is vital we uncover exactly what led to him being shot,” said investigation lead Det Insp Robert Allen.
The suspects were travelling in a silver Lexus, number plate AY52 CKD, police believe.
You may also want to watch:
They then got out of the car, shot the victim and fled the scene in the vehicle.
“I need anyone with information about the vehicle or the shooting itself to come forward and speak to police or Crimestoppers anonymously so we can bring those responsible to justice.” Det Insp Allen added.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
“I would appeal to anyone who remembers seeing this car in the Vicarage Lane area on the evening of Sunday, January 21, or knows where the vehicle is now, to contact us as a matter of urgency.
“Any information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.”
Officers arrested an 18-year-old man in Brentwood, Essex, on Thursday on suspicion of attempted murder.
He was taken to an east London police station, but has since been bailed to return to a date in late February.
Last week police cordons were set up on the Romford Road junction with Water Lane as specialist search teams swept the area for clues.
Officers ask anyone with information to call 020 7230 8570 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.