Stratford shooting: Police hunt for ‘getaway car’
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police investigating a Stratford shooting which left a young man fighting for his life in hospital today released a picture of the car they want to trace.
The 21-year-old victim was found with a gunshot wound to his head when officers were called to Romford Road, near the junction with Vicarage Lane, at about 10.30pm on Sunday, January 21.
While he has not been officially named, his next of kin are aware.
“There is a young man in a life-threatening condition and it is vital we uncover exactly what led to him being shot,” said investigation lead Det Insp Robert Allen.
The suspects were travelling in a silver Lexus, number plate AY52 CKD, police believe.
You may also want to watch:
They then got out of the car, shot the victim and fled the scene in the vehicle.
“I need anyone with information about the vehicle or the shooting itself to come forward and speak to police or Crimestoppers anonymously so we can bring those responsible to justice.” Det Insp Allen added.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
“I would appeal to anyone who remembers seeing this car in the Vicarage Lane area on the evening of Sunday, January 21, or knows where the vehicle is now, to contact us as a matter of urgency.
“Any information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.”
Officers arrested an 18-year-old man in Brentwood, Essex, on Thursday on suspicion of attempted murder.
He was taken to an east London police station, but has since been bailed to return to a date in late February.
Last week police cordons were set up on the Romford Road junction with Water Lane as specialist search teams swept the area for clues.
Officers ask anyone with information to call 020 7230 8570 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.