Detectives offer £10,000 reward for information one year after driver shot in the head in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have offered a £10,000 reward a year after a man was shot in the head while driving.
The victim who was 21 at the time suffered life-changing injuries after the attack at the junction of Vicarage Lane and Romford Road on January 21 last year.
Police believe the suspects jumped out of a silver Lexus, shot the man then fled in the car which was caught on camera with the registration AY52 CKD.
Det Insp Simon Smith said: “I would appeal to anyone who remembers seeing this car in the Vicarage Lane and Romford Road areas or who knows where the vehicle is now to contact us.
“Your information – no matter how insignificant you think it may be – could help take a dangerous criminal off the street.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are offering the reward of up to £10,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of anyone responsible.
Two men aged 19 and 20 were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and released under investigation.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
Call 020 7230 9737 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.