Detectives offer £10,000 reward for information one year after driver shot in the head in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have offered a £10,000 reward a year after a man was shot in the head while driving.
The victim who was 21 at the time suffered life-changing injuries after the attack at the junction of Vicarage Lane and Romford Road on January 21 last year.
Police believe the suspects jumped out of a silver Lexus, shot the man then fled in the car which was caught on camera with the registration AY52 CKD.
Det Insp Simon Smith said: “I would appeal to anyone who remembers seeing this car in the Vicarage Lane and Romford Road areas or who knows where the vehicle is now to contact us.
“Your information – no matter how insignificant you think it may be – could help take a dangerous criminal off the street.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are offering the reward of up to £10,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of anyone responsible.
Two men aged 19 and 20 were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and released under investigation.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Call 020 7230 9737 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.