Detectives offer £10,000 reward for information one year after driver shot in the head in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have offered a £10,000 reward a year after a man was shot in the head while driving.
The victim who was 21 at the time suffered life-changing injuries after the attack at the junction of Vicarage Lane and Romford Road on January 21 last year.
Police believe the suspects jumped out of a silver Lexus, shot the man then fled in the car which was caught on camera with the registration AY52 CKD.
Det Insp Simon Smith said: “I would appeal to anyone who remembers seeing this car in the Vicarage Lane and Romford Road areas or who knows where the vehicle is now to contact us.
“Your information – no matter how insignificant you think it may be – could help take a dangerous criminal off the street.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are offering the reward of up to £10,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of anyone responsible.
Two men aged 19 and 20 were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and released under investigation.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
Call 020 7230 9737 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.