Stratford murder: Man, 22, held on suspicion of Beniamin Pieknyi killing
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the murder of Beniamin Pieknyi in Stratford have arrested a man.
The 22-year-old was held on suspicion of murder yesterday and is being questioned at a police station in south London,
Beniamin was stabbed to death in Stratford Centre in The Broadway on Tuesday at around 9.30pm.
The 21-year-old Romanian national lived in Milton Keynes.
DCI Will Reynolds, of the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, who is investigating the killing, is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is believed that the victim and a friend were involved in an altercation with a large group of young males before he was stabbed in the shopping centre.
“I would like to make a direct appeal to all those in that large group to come forward and speak to police. It could be that you witnessed the incident and we need to eliminate you from the investigation as soon as possible.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
“The shopping centre was busy at the time of the incident and a number of witnesses have already come forward to help police with investigations.”
Witnesses or anyone with information should call our incident room on 020 8721 4005 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.