Stratford man pleads guilty to terrorism charges after training in Pakistan
- Credit: Archant
A man from Stratford has pleaded guilty to terrorism charges at the Old Bailey today.
Appearing via video-link, Jahangir Alom pleaded guilty to preparing for terrorism by travelling to Pakistan for terrorism training.
The 26-year-old, of Abbey Road, appeared alongside Muslim convert Richard Dart, 29, of Broadway, Ealing, and Imran Mahmood, 21, from Dabbs Hill Lane, Northolt.
The trio was arrested in July last year.
The men are alleged to have gone to Pakistan for terror training, travelled abroad to commit acts of terrorism and provided information about terrorism training and operational security while there.
You may also want to watch:
They appeared before Mr Justice Simon for a plea and case management hearing. Their trial was due to start in April.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing