Stratford man held on suspicion of murder
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of a man on Monday have made an arrest in Stratford.
A 21-year-old man was detained on suspicion of murder this morning, Scotland Yard said today. He remains in custody for questioning at an east London police station.
O’Neil Irwin, 36, was discovered by police officers in Ulverston Road, Walthamstow, with serious injuries.
London Ambulance Service attended but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination took place on Tuesday and gave cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 020 8721 4906 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR