Stratford man charged with assisting offender following alleged attempted murder of PCSO
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man has been charged with assisting an offender following the alleged attempted murder of a PCSO.
Scott Nelson, 26, of Wharton Road, Stratford, appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on March 11 charged with assisting an offender and the possession of a prohibited weapon.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey next Wednesday.
A Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) was allegedly shot at when giving chase to a group of men in Hackney’s Pembury Estate on April 5 last year but not injured.
Mubarak Shaibu, 24, of Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton, is due to appear at Thames Valley Magistrates’ Court in connection with the alleged incident.
You may also want to watch:
He will face charges of attempted murder and possessing a firearm and ammunition with intent when he appears in the dock on March 25.
Last month a 17-year-old boy appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court on February 11 charged with possessing a firearm.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families