Stratford man charged with assisting offender following alleged attempted murder of PCSO
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man has been charged with assisting an offender following the alleged attempted murder of a PCSO.
Scott Nelson, 26, of Wharton Road, Stratford, appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on March 11 charged with assisting an offender and the possession of a prohibited weapon.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey next Wednesday.
A Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) was allegedly shot at when giving chase to a group of men in Hackney’s Pembury Estate on April 5 last year but not injured.
Mubarak Shaibu, 24, of Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton, is due to appear at Thames Valley Magistrates’ Court in connection with the alleged incident.
You may also want to watch:
He will face charges of attempted murder and possessing a firearm and ammunition with intent when he appears in the dock on March 25.
Last month a 17-year-old boy appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court on February 11 charged with possessing a firearm.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k