Stratford man charged with assisting offender following alleged attempted murder of PCSO
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man has been charged with assisting an offender following the alleged attempted murder of a PCSO.
Scott Nelson, 26, of Wharton Road, Stratford, appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on March 11 charged with assisting an offender and the possession of a prohibited weapon.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey next Wednesday.
A Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) was allegedly shot at when giving chase to a group of men in Hackney’s Pembury Estate on April 5 last year but not injured.
Mubarak Shaibu, 24, of Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton, is due to appear at Thames Valley Magistrates’ Court in connection with the alleged incident.
You may also want to watch:
He will face charges of attempted murder and possessing a firearm and ammunition with intent when he appears in the dock on March 25.
Last month a 17-year-old boy appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court on February 11 charged with possessing a firearm.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate