Stratford man charged with assisting offender following alleged attempted murder of PCSO
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man has been charged with assisting an offender following the alleged attempted murder of a PCSO.
Scott Nelson, 26, of Wharton Road, Stratford, appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on March 11 charged with assisting an offender and the possession of a prohibited weapon.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey next Wednesday.
A Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) was allegedly shot at when giving chase to a group of men in Hackney’s Pembury Estate on April 5 last year but not injured.
Mubarak Shaibu, 24, of Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton, is due to appear at Thames Valley Magistrates’ Court in connection with the alleged incident.
He will face charges of attempted murder and possessing a firearm and ammunition with intent when he appears in the dock on March 25.
Last month a 17-year-old boy appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court on February 11 charged with possessing a firearm.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Moyes angered by late West Ham defeat at Old Trafford
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 5 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack