Stratford man charged over police attacks
A 30-year-old man from Stratford charged with attempting to murder a police constable and a police community support officer (PCSO) in west London on Wednesday will stand trial at the Old Bailey next spring
John Onyenaychi, from Wise Road is also accused of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm to a second PCSO on New Broadway, Ealing.
A 23-year-old Pc needed surgery after being stabbed in the neck and is in a serious but stable condition.
A PCSO, aged 27, was discharged after treatment for a head wound.
The pair were carrying out checks on tickets at a bus stop when they were attacked.
You may also want to watch:
The officers’ actions were praised by Ch Supt Andy Rowell of the Metropolitan Police, who also commended members of the public who helped them.
At Brent Magistrates’ Court in north-west London the accused was sent in custody for trial on March 25.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings