Stratford man charged over police attacks
A 30-year-old man from Stratford charged with attempting to murder a police constable and a police community support officer (PCSO) in west London on Wednesday will stand trial at the Old Bailey next spring
John Onyenaychi, from Wise Road is also accused of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm to a second PCSO on New Broadway, Ealing.
A 23-year-old Pc needed surgery after being stabbed in the neck and is in a serious but stable condition.
A PCSO, aged 27, was discharged after treatment for a head wound.
The pair were carrying out checks on tickets at a bus stop when they were attacked.
You may also want to watch:
The officers’ actions were praised by Ch Supt Andy Rowell of the Metropolitan Police, who also commended members of the public who helped them.
At Brent Magistrates’ Court in north-west London the accused was sent in custody for trial on March 25.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 7 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 8 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 9 How staff helped Plaistow pupils win £1m of top college scholarships
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss