Stratford man charged over police attacks
A 30-year-old man from Stratford charged with attempting to murder a police constable and a police community support officer (PCSO) in west London on Wednesday will stand trial at the Old Bailey next spring
John Onyenaychi, from Wise Road is also accused of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm to a second PCSO on New Broadway, Ealing.
A 23-year-old Pc needed surgery after being stabbed in the neck and is in a serious but stable condition.
A PCSO, aged 27, was discharged after treatment for a head wound.
The pair were carrying out checks on tickets at a bus stop when they were attacked.
You may also want to watch:
The officers’ actions were praised by Ch Supt Andy Rowell of the Metropolitan Police, who also commended members of the public who helped them.
At Brent Magistrates’ Court in north-west London the accused was sent in custody for trial on March 25.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 9 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London