Stratford man, 19, in court charged with murder of teenager Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A Stratford man has appeared in court today charged with the murder of teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, and Ayrton Ambrose of Glengale Road, Peckham, allegedly stabbed Joshua to death following a disturbance at a party in the Ripple Centre, a community centre in Barking.
Joshua was found lying injured in the street in Movers Lane, near the junction with Ripple Road, early on Wednesday, August 2. Paramedics at the scene declared him dead on arrival.
Post-mortem tests found he had died from multiple stab wounds.
Police also found a 20-year-old man and another 16-year-old boy with stab wounds nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Lashley-Weekes and Ambrose appeared at the Old Bailey charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
The 19-year-olds had been remanded in custody ahead of the hearing.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
The pair are due to appear in court again on October 30 for a plea hearing.