Stratford man, 19, in court charged with murder of teenager Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A Stratford man has appeared in court today charged with the murder of teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, and Ayrton Ambrose of Glengale Road, Peckham, allegedly stabbed Joshua to death following a disturbance at a party in the Ripple Centre, a community centre in Barking.
Joshua was found lying injured in the street in Movers Lane, near the junction with Ripple Road, early on Wednesday, August 2. Paramedics at the scene declared him dead on arrival.
Post-mortem tests found he had died from multiple stab wounds.
Police also found a 20-year-old man and another 16-year-old boy with stab wounds nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Lashley-Weekes and Ambrose appeared at the Old Bailey charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
The 19-year-olds had been remanded in custody ahead of the hearing.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 4 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 5 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
The pair are due to appear in court again on October 30 for a plea hearing.