Stratford man, 19, in court charged with murder of teenager Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A Stratford man has appeared in court today charged with the murder of teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, and Ayrton Ambrose of Glengale Road, Peckham, allegedly stabbed Joshua to death following a disturbance at a party in the Ripple Centre, a community centre in Barking.
Joshua was found lying injured in the street in Movers Lane, near the junction with Ripple Road, early on Wednesday, August 2. Paramedics at the scene declared him dead on arrival.
Post-mortem tests found he had died from multiple stab wounds.
Police also found a 20-year-old man and another 16-year-old boy with stab wounds nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Lashley-Weekes and Ambrose appeared at the Old Bailey charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
The 19-year-olds had been remanded in custody ahead of the hearing.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
The pair are due to appear in court again on October 30 for a plea hearing.