Stratford man, 19, charged with murder of fatally stabbed Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A 19-year-old Stratford man has been charged with the murder of 16-year-old Joshua Bwalya who was stabbed to death.
Joshua died last week following a disturbance at a party at the Ripple Centre, Barking, and post-mortem tests found he died from multiple stab wounds.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, has been charged with his murder along with Ayrton Ambrose, 19, from Peckham.
The pair are also charged with the attempted murder of a 16-year-old and a 20-year-old man who were found with stab wounds nearby.
Both men will appear at the Old Bailey on Monday. A third man has been bailed pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Police say they still believe suspects may be at large and want to speak to anyone who saw a group of youths on bicycles in the area.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmess said: “They were dressed in dark clothing, and some of them are thought to have been wearing bandana-type face coverings and hoods.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
“They would have looked out of place and I am certain someone would have seen where they went.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8345 1570 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.