Stratford man, 19, charged with murder of fatally stabbed Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A 19-year-old Stratford man has been charged with the murder of 16-year-old Joshua Bwalya who was stabbed to death.
Joshua died last week following a disturbance at a party at the Ripple Centre, Barking, and post-mortem tests found he died from multiple stab wounds.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, has been charged with his murder along with Ayrton Ambrose, 19, from Peckham.
The pair are also charged with the attempted murder of a 16-year-old and a 20-year-old man who were found with stab wounds nearby.
Both men will appear at the Old Bailey on Monday. A third man has been bailed pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Police say they still believe suspects may be at large and want to speak to anyone who saw a group of youths on bicycles in the area.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmess said: “They were dressed in dark clothing, and some of them are thought to have been wearing bandana-type face coverings and hoods.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
“They would have looked out of place and I am certain someone would have seen where they went.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8345 1570 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.