Stratford man, 19, charged with murder of fatally stabbed Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A 19-year-old Stratford man has been charged with the murder of 16-year-old Joshua Bwalya who was stabbed to death.
Joshua died last week following a disturbance at a party at the Ripple Centre, Barking, and post-mortem tests found he died from multiple stab wounds.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, has been charged with his murder along with Ayrton Ambrose, 19, from Peckham.
The pair are also charged with the attempted murder of a 16-year-old and a 20-year-old man who were found with stab wounds nearby.
Both men will appear at the Old Bailey on Monday. A third man has been bailed pending further enquiries.
Police say they still believe suspects may be at large and want to speak to anyone who saw a group of youths on bicycles in the area.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmess said: “They were dressed in dark clothing, and some of them are thought to have been wearing bandana-type face coverings and hoods.
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Three in custody over knifepoint robbery in East Ham after foot chase
- 5 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 6 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Burrard Road stabbing: Plea date set for Custom House murder accused
- 9 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 10 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
“They would have looked out of place and I am certain someone would have seen where they went.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8345 1570 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.