Stratford man, 19, charged with murder of fatally stabbed Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A 19-year-old Stratford man has been charged with the murder of 16-year-old Joshua Bwalya who was stabbed to death.
Joshua died last week following a disturbance at a party at the Ripple Centre, Barking, and post-mortem tests found he died from multiple stab wounds.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, has been charged with his murder along with Ayrton Ambrose, 19, from Peckham.
The pair are also charged with the attempted murder of a 16-year-old and a 20-year-old man who were found with stab wounds nearby.
Both men will appear at the Old Bailey on Monday. A third man has been bailed pending further enquiries.
Police say they still believe suspects may be at large and want to speak to anyone who saw a group of youths on bicycles in the area.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmess said: “They were dressed in dark clothing, and some of them are thought to have been wearing bandana-type face coverings and hoods.
- 1 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 2 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 5 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 8 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 9 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
“They would have looked out of place and I am certain someone would have seen where they went.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8345 1570 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.