Stratford man, 19, charged with murder of fatally stabbed Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A 19-year-old Stratford man has been charged with the murder of 16-year-old Joshua Bwalya who was stabbed to death.
Joshua died last week following a disturbance at a party at the Ripple Centre, Barking, and post-mortem tests found he died from multiple stab wounds.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, has been charged with his murder along with Ayrton Ambrose, 19, from Peckham.
The pair are also charged with the attempted murder of a 16-year-old and a 20-year-old man who were found with stab wounds nearby.
Both men will appear at the Old Bailey on Monday. A third man has been bailed pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Police say they still believe suspects may be at large and want to speak to anyone who saw a group of youths on bicycles in the area.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmess said: “They were dressed in dark clothing, and some of them are thought to have been wearing bandana-type face coverings and hoods.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
“They would have looked out of place and I am certain someone would have seen where they went.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8345 1570 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.