Stratford child sex predator jailed
- Credit: Archant
A 51-year-old man has been jailed for six years for sexual activity with a child in Stratford.
Jonathan Craddock, from Kenton Way in Basildon, began abusing the girl in 2004 when she was under 13, and continued for seven years.
Det Con Janet Glover praised the victim for reporting her ordeal in 2015: “This victim was a vulnerable child when she was systematically abused by an adult she trusted.
“The courage she has demonstrated in coming forward is commendable and I hope that today’s verdict not only provides this brave young woman with a measure of closure, but that her actions inspire others who have suffered abuse to come forward and speak with police.”
Craddock was found guilty of five counts of sexual activity with a child aged under 13 years and one of sexual activity with a child aged 13-17 years at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday June 30.
You may also want to watch:
He was found not guilty of one count of possessing indecent images of a child.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House