Stratford child sex predator jailed
- Credit: Archant
A 51-year-old man has been jailed for six years for sexual activity with a child in Stratford.
Jonathan Craddock, from Kenton Way in Basildon, began abusing the girl in 2004 when she was under 13, and continued for seven years.
Det Con Janet Glover praised the victim for reporting her ordeal in 2015: “This victim was a vulnerable child when she was systematically abused by an adult she trusted.
“The courage she has demonstrated in coming forward is commendable and I hope that today’s verdict not only provides this brave young woman with a measure of closure, but that her actions inspire others who have suffered abuse to come forward and speak with police.”
Craddock was found guilty of five counts of sexual activity with a child aged under 13 years and one of sexual activity with a child aged 13-17 years at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday June 30.
You may also want to watch:
He was found not guilty of one count of possessing indecent images of a child.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley