Stratford child sex predator jailed
- Credit: Archant
A 51-year-old man has been jailed for six years for sexual activity with a child in Stratford.
Jonathan Craddock, from Kenton Way in Basildon, began abusing the girl in 2004 when she was under 13, and continued for seven years.
Det Con Janet Glover praised the victim for reporting her ordeal in 2015: “This victim was a vulnerable child when she was systematically abused by an adult she trusted.
“The courage she has demonstrated in coming forward is commendable and I hope that today’s verdict not only provides this brave young woman with a measure of closure, but that her actions inspire others who have suffered abuse to come forward and speak with police.”
Craddock was found guilty of five counts of sexual activity with a child aged under 13 years and one of sexual activity with a child aged 13-17 years at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday June 30.
You may also want to watch:
He was found not guilty of one count of possessing indecent images of a child.
- 1 Fire breaks out at Beckton superstore
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 10 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences