Stratford child sex predator jailed
- Credit: Archant
A 51-year-old man has been jailed for six years for sexual activity with a child in Stratford.
Jonathan Craddock, from Kenton Way in Basildon, began abusing the girl in 2004 when she was under 13, and continued for seven years.
Det Con Janet Glover praised the victim for reporting her ordeal in 2015: “This victim was a vulnerable child when she was systematically abused by an adult she trusted.
“The courage she has demonstrated in coming forward is commendable and I hope that today’s verdict not only provides this brave young woman with a measure of closure, but that her actions inspire others who have suffered abuse to come forward and speak with police.”
Craddock was found guilty of five counts of sexual activity with a child aged under 13 years and one of sexual activity with a child aged 13-17 years at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday June 30.
You may also want to watch:
He was found not guilty of one count of possessing indecent images of a child.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 4 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans