Stratford Centre murder victim named locally as Beniamin Pieknyi
- Credit: Archant
A young man knifed to death at Stratford Centre on Tuesday evening has been named locally as Beniamin Pieknyi.
The 21-year-old, believed to be originally from Romania, was pronounced dead one hour after police were called to reports of a disturbance at 9.30pm.
His murder was one of eight killings in the capital since Wednesday last week.
Detectives investigating Beniamin’s death believe he and a friend got into an argument with a group of young men before the attack.
His next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue with no arrests made.
Officers urge anyone with information to call 020 8721 4005 quoting CAD 7391/20 March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years