Stratford Centre murder victim named locally as Beniamin Pieknyi
- Credit: Archant
A young man knifed to death at Stratford Centre on Tuesday evening has been named locally as Beniamin Pieknyi.
The 21-year-old, believed to be originally from Romania, was pronounced dead one hour after police were called to reports of a disturbance at 9.30pm.
His murder was one of eight killings in the capital since Wednesday last week.
Detectives investigating Beniamin’s death believe he and a friend got into an argument with a group of young men before the attack.
His next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue with no arrests made.
Officers urge anyone with information to call 020 8721 4005 quoting CAD 7391/20 March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0