Stratford Centre murder victim named locally as Beniamin Pieknyi
- Credit: Archant
A young man knifed to death at Stratford Centre on Tuesday evening has been named locally as Beniamin Pieknyi.
The 21-year-old, believed to be originally from Romania, was pronounced dead one hour after police were called to reports of a disturbance at 9.30pm.
His murder was one of eight killings in the capital since Wednesday last week.
Detectives investigating Beniamin’s death believe he and a friend got into an argument with a group of young men before the attack.
His next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue with no arrests made.
Officers urge anyone with information to call 020 8721 4005 quoting CAD 7391/20 March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work