Stratford Centre closed ‘until further notice’ after fatal stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A major shopping centre in Newham is shut after a fatal stabbing last night.
All shops and access to Stratford Centre have been closed “until further notice”, Met Police tweeted earlier this afternoon.
A man believed to be in his early 20s was found injured with stab wounds when officers and ambulance crews received reports of a disturbance outside the building at 9.30pm yesterday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later.
Detectives think he got into an altercation with a group of young men with a friend before being knifed to death.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin have been informed and formal identification and a post-mortem will take place in due course.
Police ask anyone with information to call 0208 721 4005 quoting CAD 7391/20 March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 8 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 9 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 10 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham