Stratford Centre closed ‘until further notice’ after fatal stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A major shopping centre in Newham is shut after a fatal stabbing last night.
All shops and access to Stratford Centre have been closed “until further notice”, Met Police tweeted earlier this afternoon.
A man believed to be in his early 20s was found injured with stab wounds when officers and ambulance crews received reports of a disturbance outside the building at 9.30pm yesterday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later.
Detectives think he got into an altercation with a group of young men with a friend before being knifed to death.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin have been informed and formal identification and a post-mortem will take place in due course.
Police ask anyone with information to call 0208 721 4005 quoting CAD 7391/20 March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 7 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 8 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving