Stratford Centre closed ‘until further notice’ after fatal stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A major shopping centre in Newham is shut after a fatal stabbing last night.
All shops and access to Stratford Centre have been closed “until further notice”, Met Police tweeted earlier this afternoon.
A man believed to be in his early 20s was found injured with stab wounds when officers and ambulance crews received reports of a disturbance outside the building at 9.30pm yesterday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later.
Detectives think he got into an altercation with a group of young men with a friend before being knifed to death.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin have been informed and formal identification and a post-mortem will take place in due course.
Police ask anyone with information to call 0208 721 4005 quoting CAD 7391/20 March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 8 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing