Stabbed West Ham fan released from hospital
- Credit: Archant
The West Ham fan stabbed before Sunday’s match has been released from hospital, the club has confirmed.
The 35-year-old sustained a stab wound to the abdomen in White Hart Lane, Tottenham, at around 3pm.
He was taken to an east London hospital by ambulance but has now been discharged following treatment.
A West Ham spokesman said: “The club would like to wish the supporter concerned a continued speedy recovery.”
The Metropolitan Police have issued an appeal for information and witnesses to the stabbing, which took place when fans of both clubs were travelling to Spurs’ stadium ahead of the match.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Haringey CID on 0203 276 3070 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have yet been made.
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 8 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 9 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 10 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week