Stab victim suffers ‘life changing’ injuries after multiple stabbings at Silvertown party
Two men were found with stab wounds to their chest after police were called to reports of a disturbance at a party.
One of the men, aged 20, is said to have sustained “life changing” injuries and remains in hospital along with the second man, 19, whose condition has been described as not life threatening or life changing.
Police believe a party was being held at an address in Connaught Road, Silvertown, in the early hours of the morning on Sunday, September 1.
Two men, both in their twenties, have been arrested on suspicion of GBH offences and have been bailed to return to an east London police station in November,
A third man, also 20, who suffered a minor head injury at the party which more than 100 people are believed to have attended has since been discharged from hospital.
A Met police spokesperson said: “It is believed that there was a party being held at the address when a fight broke out between a group of young men.
“Five suspects were seen to leave at speed in silver Volkswagen Golf, but later decamped through a nearby alley.”
- 1 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 2 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 3 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 4 Leyton Orient 'don't really need' Forest Green Rovers cup tie says Wellens
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
- 7 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 10 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
Investigating officers from the Trident Gang Crime Command say they are keeping an open mind with regards to motive at this stage.
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 0208 217 7380 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.