Son arrested after woman stabbed to death in Stratford home
- Credit: Archant
Officers have arrested a man on suspicion of murder after his mother was found dead in Stratford yesterday.
Detectives were trying to locate 38-year-old Mark Hayes after the body of a woman, believed to be Phyllis Hayes, was found in her home in Idmiston Road.
Police found the woman, who is believed to be aged 65, suffering with suspected multiple stab wounds and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
In the early hours of today Mark Hayes was arrested by Essex Police on suspicion of murder.
He currently remains in custody at a police station in Grays pending further enquires.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can assist police can call the incident room in Barking on 020 8345 1570 or via 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Stratford dance and music hub gets £700k boost