Son arrested after woman stabbed to death in Stratford home
- Credit: Archant
Officers have arrested a man on suspicion of murder after his mother was found dead in Stratford yesterday.
Detectives were trying to locate 38-year-old Mark Hayes after the body of a woman, believed to be Phyllis Hayes, was found in her home in Idmiston Road.
Police found the woman, who is believed to be aged 65, suffering with suspected multiple stab wounds and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
In the early hours of today Mark Hayes was arrested by Essex Police on suspicion of murder.
He currently remains in custody at a police station in Grays pending further enquires.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can assist police can call the incident room in Barking on 020 8345 1570 or via 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 5 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 9 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing