Son arrested after woman stabbed to death in Stratford home
- Credit: Archant
Officers have arrested a man on suspicion of murder after his mother was found dead in Stratford yesterday.
Detectives were trying to locate 38-year-old Mark Hayes after the body of a woman, believed to be Phyllis Hayes, was found in her home in Idmiston Road.
Police found the woman, who is believed to be aged 65, suffering with suspected multiple stab wounds and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
In the early hours of today Mark Hayes was arrested by Essex Police on suspicion of murder.
He currently remains in custody at a police station in Grays pending further enquires.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can assist police can call the incident room in Barking on 020 8345 1570 or via 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research