Son arrested after woman stabbed to death in Stratford home
- Credit: Archant
Officers have arrested a man on suspicion of murder after his mother was found dead in Stratford yesterday.
Detectives were trying to locate 38-year-old Mark Hayes after the body of a woman, believed to be Phyllis Hayes, was found in her home in Idmiston Road.
Police found the woman, who is believed to be aged 65, suffering with suspected multiple stab wounds and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
In the early hours of today Mark Hayes was arrested by Essex Police on suspicion of murder.
He currently remains in custody at a police station in Grays pending further enquires.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can assist police can call the incident room in Barking on 020 8345 1570 or via 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 West Ham defender Coufal frustrated with Everton defeat
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss