Six people from Newham charged following nightclub brawl
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Six people from Newham have been charged with affray following a brawl at a Southend nightclub which left four officers injured.
The charges are related to a fight which broke out at Bar Blu on Lucy Road just after 2am on May 18 and which involved around 30 people.
Police attended the scene and four of them sustained a variety of injuries, with one officer being bitten.
They all required medical treatment as did two members of the club’s door staff who were also injured.
Altogether, eight people have been charged with affray following the incident, including six people from Newham.
You may also want to watch:
Nikesha Walker, 28, of High Street, South, East Ham, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates Court on Monday, March 23, along with Babatunde Akinrimsi, 20, of Park Avenue, East Ham.
Donovan Jones, 41, of Belton Road, Upton Park, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates on Friday, March 27, with Barry Walker-Brown, 26, of Park Avenue, East Ham, Oluwadamilola Akrinrimsi; 26, of Park Avenue, East Ham, Omar Folkes, 20, of Park Avenue, East Ham, and Jose Carlos Dos Santos, 33, of Heygate Avenue, Southend.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
Anthony Graham, 26, of Celedon Close, Grays, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates Court on Friday, March 20.