Six people from Newham charged following nightclub brawl
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Six people from Newham have been charged with affray following a brawl at a Southend nightclub which left four officers injured.
The charges are related to a fight which broke out at Bar Blu on Lucy Road just after 2am on May 18 and which involved around 30 people.
Police attended the scene and four of them sustained a variety of injuries, with one officer being bitten.
They all required medical treatment as did two members of the club’s door staff who were also injured.
Altogether, eight people have been charged with affray following the incident, including six people from Newham.
You may also want to watch:
Nikesha Walker, 28, of High Street, South, East Ham, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates Court on Monday, March 23, along with Babatunde Akinrimsi, 20, of Park Avenue, East Ham.
Donovan Jones, 41, of Belton Road, Upton Park, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates on Friday, March 27, with Barry Walker-Brown, 26, of Park Avenue, East Ham, Oluwadamilola Akrinrimsi; 26, of Park Avenue, East Ham, Omar Folkes, 20, of Park Avenue, East Ham, and Jose Carlos Dos Santos, 33, of Heygate Avenue, Southend.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Anthony Graham, 26, of Celedon Close, Grays, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates Court on Friday, March 20.