Six people from Newham charged following nightclub brawl
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Six people from Newham have been charged with affray following a brawl at a Southend nightclub which left four officers injured.
The charges are related to a fight which broke out at Bar Blu on Lucy Road just after 2am on May 18 and which involved around 30 people.
Police attended the scene and four of them sustained a variety of injuries, with one officer being bitten.
They all required medical treatment as did two members of the club’s door staff who were also injured.
Altogether, eight people have been charged with affray following the incident, including six people from Newham.
You may also want to watch:
Nikesha Walker, 28, of High Street, South, East Ham, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates Court on Monday, March 23, along with Babatunde Akinrimsi, 20, of Park Avenue, East Ham.
Donovan Jones, 41, of Belton Road, Upton Park, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates on Friday, March 27, with Barry Walker-Brown, 26, of Park Avenue, East Ham, Oluwadamilola Akrinrimsi; 26, of Park Avenue, East Ham, Omar Folkes, 20, of Park Avenue, East Ham, and Jose Carlos Dos Santos, 33, of Heygate Avenue, Southend.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
Anthony Graham, 26, of Celedon Close, Grays, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates Court on Friday, March 20.