Six people from Newham charged following nightclub brawl
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Six people from Newham have been charged with affray following a brawl at a Southend nightclub which left four officers injured.
The charges are related to a fight which broke out at Bar Blu on Lucy Road just after 2am on May 18 and which involved around 30 people.
Police attended the scene and four of them sustained a variety of injuries, with one officer being bitten.
They all required medical treatment as did two members of the club’s door staff who were also injured.
Altogether, eight people have been charged with affray following the incident, including six people from Newham.
You may also want to watch:
Nikesha Walker, 28, of High Street, South, East Ham, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates Court on Monday, March 23, along with Babatunde Akinrimsi, 20, of Park Avenue, East Ham.
Donovan Jones, 41, of Belton Road, Upton Park, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates on Friday, March 27, with Barry Walker-Brown, 26, of Park Avenue, East Ham, Oluwadamilola Akrinrimsi; 26, of Park Avenue, East Ham, Omar Folkes, 20, of Park Avenue, East Ham, and Jose Carlos Dos Santos, 33, of Heygate Avenue, Southend.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
Anthony Graham, 26, of Celedon Close, Grays, has been bailed to appear before Southend Magistrates Court on Friday, March 20.