Six on charges linked to terrorism after arrests at Dover and raids in London
- Credit: Archant
Four men from east London have appeared in court with two others on charges involving terrorism or fraud after their arrests at the port of Dover or raids on their homes.
All six appeared before Westminster magistrates yesterday after being charged at the weekend by the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command.
Michael Coe, 33, from Central Park Road, East Ham, and Simon Keeler, 43, from Solander Gardens in Shadwell, are both accused of “preparing and assisting others in preparing acts of terrorism, supporting a proscribed organisation and conspiracy to possess false identity documents”.
Two others from east London are charged with conspiring to possess and produce false identity documents—Zagum Perviaz, 35, from Frinton Road in East Ham, and Hamzah Safdar, 24, from Cecil Road in Plaistow.
Anthony Small, 33, from Sydenham in south London, is charged with preparing acts of terrorism, supporting a proscribed organisation and conspiracy to possess false identity documents. Abdulraouf Eshati, 28, of no fixed address, is charged with possessing articles in connection with commissioning, preparing, and instigating acts of terrorism, as well as offences under the 1971 Immigration Act.
You may also want to watch:
The charges follow arrests at Dover on November 30 and in London on December 1 and 4.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020