Six Newham men charged after series of lorry thefts
- Credit: Archant
Six men from East Ham and Canning Town have been charged following a series of thefts from lorries across Kent, Essex and London.
Altogether nine men were charged with conspiracy to steal from motor vehicles following 35 reports of thefts from lorries between July and October last year.
The men who have been charged from Newham include: Daniel Hession, 30, of Denny Close, Ricky Holloway, 22, of Forty Acre Lane, Terence Donnelly, 35, of Birch Close, Dean Kingston, 34, of Ozolins Way, Kane Hill, 23, of Appleby Road.
John Jefford, 31, of Glenister Street, was also charged with possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
In addition, 21-year-old Daisy Hill of Appleby Road, was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to supply.
A 34-year-old man from Canning Town, as well as two men from Stratford, 25 and 26, have been summoned via post.
One of the nine men, Ryan Campion, 29, of Northumberland Avenue, Hornchurch, was also charged with two counts of possession of a prohibited weapon as well as possessing ammunition without a certificate.
- 1 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 2 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 3 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 4 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 8 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 9 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 10 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
All those charged will appear before Medway Magistrates’ Court on September 7.