Six Newham men charged after series of lorry thefts
- Credit: Archant
Six men from East Ham and Canning Town have been charged following a series of thefts from lorries across Kent, Essex and London.
Altogether nine men were charged with conspiracy to steal from motor vehicles following 35 reports of thefts from lorries between July and October last year.
The men who have been charged from Newham include: Daniel Hession, 30, of Denny Close, Ricky Holloway, 22, of Forty Acre Lane, Terence Donnelly, 35, of Birch Close, Dean Kingston, 34, of Ozolins Way, Kane Hill, 23, of Appleby Road.
John Jefford, 31, of Glenister Street, was also charged with possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
In addition, 21-year-old Daisy Hill of Appleby Road, was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
A 34-year-old man from Canning Town, as well as two men from Stratford, 25 and 26, have been summoned via post.
One of the nine men, Ryan Campion, 29, of Northumberland Avenue, Hornchurch, was also charged with two counts of possession of a prohibited weapon as well as possessing ammunition without a certificate.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
All those charged will appear before Medway Magistrates’ Court on September 7.