Sister accused of Manor Park brother’s murder
The sister of a teenage boy found dead in a bath on Christmas Day was ordered to stand trial for his murder in September.
Magalie Bamu, 28, is accused of killing 15-year-old Kristy, who was discovered in a flat in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park.
She will face trial alongside Eric Baikubi, 27, who is also accused of the boy’s murder.
Officers attended the scene after being advised Kristy had drowned in a bath.
Neither defendant appeared at the Old Bailey during a brief hearing last week and no formal indictment has yet been lodged with the court.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Richard Hawkins QC said they will face trial on September 5 this year.
The pair, both of the address where Kristy’s body was found, will next be brought to court on April 12 for a plea and case management hearing.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford