Sister accused of Manor Park brother’s murder
The sister of a teenage boy found dead in a bath on Christmas Day was ordered to stand trial for his murder in September.
Magalie Bamu, 28, is accused of killing 15-year-old Kristy, who was discovered in a flat in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park.
She will face trial alongside Eric Baikubi, 27, who is also accused of the boy’s murder.
Officers attended the scene after being advised Kristy had drowned in a bath.
Neither defendant appeared at the Old Bailey during a brief hearing last week and no formal indictment has yet been lodged with the court.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Richard Hawkins QC said they will face trial on September 5 this year.
The pair, both of the address where Kristy’s body was found, will next be brought to court on April 12 for a plea and case management hearing.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 9 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 10 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced