Sister accused of Manor Park brother’s murder
The sister of a teenage boy found dead in a bath on Christmas Day was ordered to stand trial for his murder in September.
Magalie Bamu, 28, is accused of killing 15-year-old Kristy, who was discovered in a flat in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park.
She will face trial alongside Eric Baikubi, 27, who is also accused of the boy’s murder.
Officers attended the scene after being advised Kristy had drowned in a bath.
Neither defendant appeared at the Old Bailey during a brief hearing last week and no formal indictment has yet been lodged with the court.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Richard Hawkins QC said they will face trial on September 5 this year.
The pair, both of the address where Kristy’s body was found, will next be brought to court on April 12 for a plea and case management hearing.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake