Shotguns found in Newham ‘wooded area’ by gang police
- Credit: Met Police
Police have recovered two shotguns and ammunition from a wooded area in the E16 area while conducting a routine weapon sweep.
The “lethal weapons” were found this morning by officers from the Trident Gang Crime unit, supported by specialist officers.
All will now be subject to a forensic examination.
Insp Jack Rowlands, leading the initiative for Trident, said: “This was a significant find that has resulted in two lethal weapons being removed from the streets of London.
“The find highlights the effectiveness of specialist search teams and will no doubt be unhappy news for whoever was planning to make use of the guns.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important to point out that if a member of the public comes across a weapon they should not touch it, but report it to police immediately by dialling 999 to ensure that it is forensically recovered.”
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses