Shotgun, counterfeit cash and money seized in Canning Town
- Credit: MPS
A shotgun, counterfeit cash and money have been seized by police making an arrest.
A 21 year-old man was arrested at an address in Canning Town on Friday, April 23 where the weapon was found.
Det Insp Matt Webb from operation trident said: "This seizure of a firearm and arrest is another win for law enforcement who are making significant headway in removing lethal weapons from the streets, arresting dangerous and violent individuals, and protecting the public."
The suspect was arrested for possession of class A and B drugs as well as for possession of a firearm. He was taken into custody.
The firearm has since been taken to a forensics lab for assessment.
You may also want to watch:
The arrest was made by the Met’s specialist firearms command. Officers from operation trident now lead the investigation.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 5 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 10 West Ham defender Coufal frustrated with Everton defeat