Manor Park man charged with Ilford murder
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Manor Park is due to appear in court today, Friday, February 12, charged with the murder of Jason Diallo, from Ilford.
Police were called to reports of a shooting in Balfour Road, Ilford, at 10.14pm on November 1. Mr Diallo, 30, died at the scene from a gunshot to the head.
About a quarter of an hour later police were called to reports of a shooting in Garvary Road, Canning Town. A 27-year-old man was taken to hospital with injuries later assessed as not life-threatening.
Tyrelle Joseph, of Banks Way, Manor Park, has been charged with murder and attempted murder.
The 20-year-old is due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates' Court.
He is the second person charged in connection with the incidents. Mushin Mohamed, of Leytonstone Road, Stratford, was charged on November 19 with murder and attempted murder. He is next due to appear at the Old Bailey on March 12.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 6 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners