‘Sexual deviant’ who raped woman in Newham jailed for 20 years
- Credit: Archant
A “dangerous sexual deviant” who violently raped two vulnerable women has been jailed for 20 years – two-and-a-half years after he committed his first crime.
Steven Jeanne, 44, was found guilty of raping a woman in Newham - after fresh evidence emerged while he was under investigation for a separate allegation of rape and assault.
Jeanne, of Hackney, had been accused of rape and causing grievous bodily harm to a different woman in October last year. He had also been accused of 14 counts of possession of indecent images of children and extreme pornography.
After being charged with the offences last year, Jeanne assaulted the same woman, also from Hackney, after getting into an argument with her in March.
When he was remanded in custody, new evidence came to light about the rape of the woman in Newham in February 2011.
You may also want to watch:
His victim had made the allegation in February 2012, but police said there had not previously been enough evidence to convict him.
Det Insp Patrick Milford, of the Metropolitan Police,said: “Steven Jeanne is a very dangerous sexual deviant. He preyed on vulnerable women, subjecting them to violent rapes.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 10 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
“The victims have shown incredible courage throughout the investigative process and I would like to thank them for their support throughout this.”
Jeanne, of Brent House Road, was found guilty of two counts of rape and GBH at a hearing at Snaresbrook Crown Court on July 25. He also admitted to possessing extreme pornography and indecent images of children at another hearing last week.
And at a hearing at the same court on Monday, he was jailed for 20 years for his offences – more than two-and-a-half years after raping his first victim.