Second man arrested after 21-year-old shot in head in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested after a shooting in Stratford left a 21-year-old in a critical condition in hospital.
The victim was found with a gunshot wound to his head at the Romford Road junction with Vicarage Lane on January 21.
Though he has not been officially named, his next of kin are aware.
Police arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder last Tuesday.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in Brentwood, Essex, the preceding Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Both men were questioned at an east London police station and bailed to return later this month.
Officers continue to appeal for witnesses to come forward with information on the shooting.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
They believe the suspects fled the scene in a silver Lexus with number plate AY52 CKD.
Anyone with information should call 020 7230 8570 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.