Second man arrested after 21-year-old shot in head in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested after a shooting in Stratford left a 21-year-old in a critical condition in hospital.
The victim was found with a gunshot wound to his head at the Romford Road junction with Vicarage Lane on January 21.
Though he has not been officially named, his next of kin are aware.
Police arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder last Tuesday.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in Brentwood, Essex, the preceding Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Both men were questioned at an east London police station and bailed to return later this month.
Officers continue to appeal for witnesses to come forward with information on the shooting.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
They believe the suspects fled the scene in a silver Lexus with number plate AY52 CKD.
Anyone with information should call 020 7230 8570 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.