Second man arrested after 21-year-old shot in head in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested after a shooting in Stratford left a 21-year-old in a critical condition in hospital.
The victim was found with a gunshot wound to his head at the Romford Road junction with Vicarage Lane on January 21.
Though he has not been officially named, his next of kin are aware.
Police arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder last Tuesday.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in Brentwood, Essex, the preceding Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Both men were questioned at an east London police station and bailed to return later this month.
Officers continue to appeal for witnesses to come forward with information on the shooting.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
They believe the suspects fled the scene in a silver Lexus with number plate AY52 CKD.
Anyone with information should call 020 7230 8570 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.