Second man arrested after 21-year-old shot in head in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested after a shooting in Stratford left a 21-year-old in a critical condition in hospital.
The victim was found with a gunshot wound to his head at the Romford Road junction with Vicarage Lane on January 21.
Though he has not been officially named, his next of kin are aware.
Police arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder last Tuesday.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in Brentwood, Essex, the preceding Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Both men were questioned at an east London police station and bailed to return later this month.
Officers continue to appeal for witnesses to come forward with information on the shooting.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
They believe the suspects fled the scene in a silver Lexus with number plate AY52 CKD.
Anyone with information should call 020 7230 8570 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.