Second arrest in murder investigation after Plaistow Park stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A second teenager was arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder following the death of a man stabbed in Plaistow Park on Friday.
The 16-year-old boy is currently in custody at an east London police station pending further enquiries.
Police were called to the incident at Plaistow Park, close to Greengate Street, at around 1.20pm on Friday January 29 following reports of a man found suffering a stab injury.
The man was taken to hospital and died in the early hours of Monday morning.
The next of kin have been informed and a formal identification has now taken place.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old arrested on Saturday January 30 on suspicion of attempted murder has been bailed pending further inquiries to a date in mid-April.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 9 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home