Second arrest in murder investigation after Plaistow Park stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A second teenager was arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder following the death of a man stabbed in Plaistow Park on Friday.
The 16-year-old boy is currently in custody at an east London police station pending further enquiries.
Police were called to the incident at Plaistow Park, close to Greengate Street, at around 1.20pm on Friday January 29 following reports of a man found suffering a stab injury.
The man was taken to hospital and died in the early hours of Monday morning.
The next of kin have been informed and a formal identification has now taken place.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old arrested on Saturday January 30 on suspicion of attempted murder has been bailed pending further inquiries to a date in mid-April.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work