Second arrest in murder investigation after Plaistow Park stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A second teenager was arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder following the death of a man stabbed in Plaistow Park on Friday.
The 16-year-old boy is currently in custody at an east London police station pending further enquiries.
Police were called to the incident at Plaistow Park, close to Greengate Street, at around 1.20pm on Friday January 29 following reports of a man found suffering a stab injury.
The man was taken to hospital and died in the early hours of Monday morning.
The next of kin have been informed and a formal identification has now taken place.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old arrested on Saturday January 30 on suspicion of attempted murder has been bailed pending further inquiries to a date in mid-April.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money