Second armed raid in East Ham in connection with London Bridge terror attack
- Credit: Supplied - does not want credit
Police raided a house in East Ham in the early hours of this morning as part of their investigations into the London Bridge terror attack.
The property, in Caledon Road, was targeted by armed officers at around 4am.
A woman called Sonia said she was woken up with noise and could hear shouts of “On the floor, on the floor, on the floor” coming from the next door.
“And after, people screaming scared, and boom boom boom,” she said, adding that she could hear an explosion and four or five gunshots. The noise was so loud and she and her housemates thought it was taking place in their house.
“We were very scared,” she said, adding that glass was smashed at the front of her house. She said she believes the people who live in the house are Muslim, adding that it is a family that includes two sons.
The whole family was taken away by police after about an hour, she said.
Men in blue forensic suits could be seen walking along the street from the house.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 4 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 8 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 9 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
Vijy Temcykumar also lives on the street and said she heard a “blast” followed by a “shooting sound”, adding that she heard three or four shots.
“My son was crying a lot,” she said.
Mohamed Ozhuparambil lives on the street and said he thinks a Bangladeshi family lives at the house raided by police.
He said three men, including a man over 65, and three women, including a teenager, were taken away in a police van. He said he heard a “bomb blasting” sound.
Another resident on the street, Ahmed Jableo, said he heard a “massive bang like a big bomb blast shooting noise”.
The raid is the second to take place in East Ham, with a flat in Barking Road targeted yesteday.
Other raids have taken place in Barking and Dagenham.