Search for man who helped woman at Stratford station before stealing her bag
- Credit: BTP
A man helped a woman top up her Oyster card at Stratford station before following her onto a DLR and snatching her bag.
Police officers are appealing for information about the incident, which took place on Monday, February 8.
The woman had approached the man for help in using an Oyster card top-up machine and after doing so, then helped her find her train.
He left briefly before returning to the station, when he ran onto the train, snatched the woman’s bag and ran off.
Pc Michael Stephenson said: “This is a particularly cruel crime as the victim was lulled into a false sense of security by someone she had asked for assistance.
“Thankfully he only got hold of a small amount of cash, however it is important we catch him and bring him to justice.”
CCTV footage has been released of a man officers would like to speak to in connection with the theft.
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 3 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 4 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 5 Antonio hopes short summer break helps West Ham bid
- 6 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 7 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 8 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 9 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 10 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
Anyone with information is asked to call BTP on 0800 405040 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.