Search for man who helped woman at Stratford station before stealing her bag
- Credit: BTP
A man helped a woman top up her Oyster card at Stratford station before following her onto a DLR and snatching her bag.
Police officers are appealing for information about the incident, which took place on Monday, February 8.
The woman had approached the man for help in using an Oyster card top-up machine and after doing so, then helped her find her train.
He left briefly before returning to the station, when he ran onto the train, snatched the woman’s bag and ran off.
Pc Michael Stephenson said: “This is a particularly cruel crime as the victim was lulled into a false sense of security by someone she had asked for assistance.
You may also want to watch:
“Thankfully he only got hold of a small amount of cash, however it is important we catch him and bring him to justice.”
CCTV footage has been released of a man officers would like to speak to in connection with the theft.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
Anyone with information is asked to call BTP on 0800 405040 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.