Search for East Ham shopper in attempted robbery
Police are looking for the victim of an attempted jewellery robbery in East Ham.
On Monday April 16, a woman reported to security staff in Lidl supermarket, High Street North, that she was approached from behind by a man who grabbed a gold chain from her neck.
As the suspect tried to run off, he dropped the chain and the woman managed to pick it up and reported the incident to the shop security staff.
The security officers managed to detain a man matching the description of the suspect but the woman had left the shop prior to police arrival.
Approximately 30-years-old, the victim is described as an Asian woman of slim build, five foot tall, wearing a black scarf covering her hair and black clothing.
You may also want to watch:
The suspected is described as a black male.
Police are keen to establish the identity of this woman to speak to her about the incident and give her the appropriate support.
- 1 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
If you are able to assist with this enquiry, contact Newham Robbery Squad on 020 8217 5086 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.