Search for East Ham shopper in attempted robbery
Police are looking for the victim of an attempted jewellery robbery in East Ham.
On Monday April 16, a woman reported to security staff in Lidl supermarket, High Street North, that she was approached from behind by a man who grabbed a gold chain from her neck.
As the suspect tried to run off, he dropped the chain and the woman managed to pick it up and reported the incident to the shop security staff.
The security officers managed to detain a man matching the description of the suspect but the woman had left the shop prior to police arrival.
Approximately 30-years-old, the victim is described as an Asian woman of slim build, five foot tall, wearing a black scarf covering her hair and black clothing.
You may also want to watch:
The suspected is described as a black male.
Police are keen to establish the identity of this woman to speak to her about the incident and give her the appropriate support.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
If you are able to assist with this enquiry, contact Newham Robbery Squad on 020 8217 5086 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.