Search for East Ham shopper in attempted robbery
Police are looking for the victim of an attempted jewellery robbery in East Ham.
On Monday April 16, a woman reported to security staff in Lidl supermarket, High Street North, that she was approached from behind by a man who grabbed a gold chain from her neck.
As the suspect tried to run off, he dropped the chain and the woman managed to pick it up and reported the incident to the shop security staff.
The security officers managed to detain a man matching the description of the suspect but the woman had left the shop prior to police arrival.
Approximately 30-years-old, the victim is described as an Asian woman of slim build, five foot tall, wearing a black scarf covering her hair and black clothing.
The suspected is described as a black male.
Police are keen to establish the identity of this woman to speak to her about the incident and give her the appropriate support.
- 1 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 4 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
If you are able to assist with this enquiry, contact Newham Robbery Squad on 020 8217 5086 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.