Search for East Ham shopper in attempted robbery
Police are looking for the victim of an attempted jewellery robbery in East Ham.
On Monday April 16, a woman reported to security staff in Lidl supermarket, High Street North, that she was approached from behind by a man who grabbed a gold chain from her neck.
As the suspect tried to run off, he dropped the chain and the woman managed to pick it up and reported the incident to the shop security staff.
The security officers managed to detain a man matching the description of the suspect but the woman had left the shop prior to police arrival.
Approximately 30-years-old, the victim is described as an Asian woman of slim build, five foot tall, wearing a black scarf covering her hair and black clothing.
You may also want to watch:
The suspected is described as a black male.
Police are keen to establish the identity of this woman to speak to her about the incident and give her the appropriate support.
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 7 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
If you are able to assist with this enquiry, contact Newham Robbery Squad on 020 8217 5086 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.