Sami Sidhom stabbing: Arrested man released on bail
- Credit: MPS
Police investigating the death of Sami Sidhom have released a man on bail.
The 22-year-old was arrested on Monday on suspicion of the 18-year-old student’s murder.
He has since been bailed to return, pending further enquiries, to a date in late May.
Sami, a student at Queen Mary University, was stabbed on Monday, April 16 in Chestnut Avenue, Forest Gate.
He had been on his way home after watching West Ham United play and was pronounced dead at the scene shortly before 11.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are still asking for any witnesses or anyone with information to get in touch.
Det Chief Insp Mark Wrigly said: “I appeal to those people in the community who know what took place or who is responsible to come forward and give Sami’s family the justice they deserve.”
- 1 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 2 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Meet the Canning Town singer-songwriter praising music's ability to lift Covid-19 blues
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or via Twitter @MetCC.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.