Sami Sidhom stabbing: Arrested man released on bail
- Credit: MPS
Police investigating the death of Sami Sidhom have released a man on bail.
The 22-year-old was arrested on Monday on suspicion of the 18-year-old student’s murder.
He has since been bailed to return, pending further enquiries, to a date in late May.
Sami, a student at Queen Mary University, was stabbed on Monday, April 16 in Chestnut Avenue, Forest Gate.
He had been on his way home after watching West Ham United play and was pronounced dead at the scene shortly before 11.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are still asking for any witnesses or anyone with information to get in touch.
Det Chief Insp Mark Wrigly said: “I appeal to those people in the community who know what took place or who is responsible to come forward and give Sami’s family the justice they deserve.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or via Twitter @MetCC.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.