Sami Sidhom stabbing: Arrested man released on bail
- Credit: MPS
Police investigating the death of Sami Sidhom have released a man on bail.
The 22-year-old was arrested on Monday on suspicion of the 18-year-old student’s murder.
He has since been bailed to return, pending further enquiries, to a date in late May.
Sami, a student at Queen Mary University, was stabbed on Monday, April 16 in Chestnut Avenue, Forest Gate.
He had been on his way home after watching West Ham United play and was pronounced dead at the scene shortly before 11.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are still asking for any witnesses or anyone with information to get in touch.
Det Chief Insp Mark Wrigly said: “I appeal to those people in the community who know what took place or who is responsible to come forward and give Sami’s family the justice they deserve.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 8 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or via Twitter @MetCC.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.