Sami Sidhom stabbing: Arrested man released on bail
- Credit: MPS
Police investigating the death of Sami Sidhom have released a man on bail.
The 22-year-old was arrested on Monday on suspicion of the 18-year-old student’s murder.
He has since been bailed to return, pending further enquiries, to a date in late May.
Sami, a student at Queen Mary University, was stabbed on Monday, April 16 in Chestnut Avenue, Forest Gate.
He had been on his way home after watching West Ham United play and was pronounced dead at the scene shortly before 11.30pm.
Officers are still asking for any witnesses or anyone with information to get in touch.
Det Chief Insp Mark Wrigly said: “I appeal to those people in the community who know what took place or who is responsible to come forward and give Sami’s family the justice they deserve.”
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 3 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 4 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 5 Antonio hopes short summer break helps West Ham bid
- 6 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 7 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 8 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 9 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 10 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or via Twitter @MetCC.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.