Rapper J Hus to face trial after denying Stratford knife carrying charge
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rapper J Hus will face trial in December after denying carrying a knife in Stratford.
The music star, who won best song at the Mobo awards last year, sat with his head bowed in the dock during most of Friday’s short hearing.
Earlier this month he tweeted an apology to fans for missing a number of live gigs, and thanked them for their support.
The rapper, appearing at Snaresbrook Crown Court under his real name of Momodou Jallow, pleaded not guilty to having a lock knife, without good reason or lawful authority, at International Way in Stratford, on June 21.
The 23-year-old, who is originally from Stratford but gave his address as Baldwin Drive in Peterborough, was released on bail to appear again on November 15 for a pre-trial review.
You may also want to watch:
His trial will take place some time in the two-week period beginning December 10.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 6 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections