Rapper J Hus to face trial after denying Stratford knife carrying charge
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rapper J Hus will face trial in December after denying carrying a knife in Stratford.
The music star, who won best song at the Mobo awards last year, sat with his head bowed in the dock during most of Friday’s short hearing.
Earlier this month he tweeted an apology to fans for missing a number of live gigs, and thanked them for their support.
The rapper, appearing at Snaresbrook Crown Court under his real name of Momodou Jallow, pleaded not guilty to having a lock knife, without good reason or lawful authority, at International Way in Stratford, on June 21.
The 23-year-old, who is originally from Stratford but gave his address as Baldwin Drive in Peterborough, was released on bail to appear again on November 15 for a pre-trial review.
You may also want to watch:
His trial will take place some time in the two-week period beginning December 10.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber