Stratford rapper J Hus charged with possession of a knife near Westfield shopping centre
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rapper J Hus has been charged by police for carrying a knife near Westfield shopping centre in Stratford last week.
J Hus, whose real name is Momodou Jallow, was arrested in International Way just after midday on Thursday, June 21.
The NME and MOBO award-winning rapper lives in Stratford, according to police.
He appeared in front of Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday, June 22 and will now appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on July 20.
J Hus is currently scheduled to perform a number of gig and festival dates in the UK and abroad over the next two months, including Wireless Festival in Finsbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
The rapper is also due to release an album in the coming months.
J Hus told NME: “I’m already working on a new album. Hopefully we can release it for about August. I’m working on it, nearly done.”
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 7 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation