Stratford rapper J Hus charged with possession of a knife near Westfield shopping centre
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rapper J Hus has been charged by police for carrying a knife near Westfield shopping centre in Stratford last week.
J Hus, whose real name is Momodou Jallow, was arrested in International Way just after midday on Thursday, June 21.
The NME and MOBO award-winning rapper lives in Stratford, according to police.
He appeared in front of Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday, June 22 and will now appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on July 20.
J Hus is currently scheduled to perform a number of gig and festival dates in the UK and abroad over the next two months, including Wireless Festival in Finsbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
The rapper is also due to release an album in the coming months.
J Hus told NME: “I’m already working on a new album. Hopefully we can release it for about August. I’m working on it, nearly done.”
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate