Rapist from West Ham jailed for terrifying attacks
A West Ham man was jailed for a total of 11 years for the terrifying double rape of woman.
Gary Lyons was masked and gloved, when he kidnapped his victim as she was making her way home from work.
He dragged her into an alleyway and forced her to the ground. He raped her and then forced her home, where he raped her again and sexually assaulted her. She managed to escape and alert her flatmate, them both barricading themselves into another room whilst he stole from them.
At Snaresbrook Crown Court, Lyons, of Manor Road, was convicted of two counts of rape, assault by penetration, kidnapping, false imprisonment and theft. Lawyers praised the courage of the victim.
Lyons, of Manor Road, denied the attack, but was identified from his height and clothing as seen on the CCTV of him following the victim, DNA on a glove he left at the house and cell site analysis placing him at the scene as well as evidence that he was in possession of the victim’s mobile phone.
You may also want to watch:
After the case CPS London reviewing lawyer Annmarie Cattell paid testament to “the courage of the victim” and her hopes “she can take some comfort in this man being brought to justice.”
His name will be on the sex offenders register for life.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals