Rail worker pushed onto tracks at West Ham station
- Credit: BTP
Police are appealing for information after a rail worker was pushed onto the tracks at West Ham station.
The incident happened at around 2pm on Thursday, when the staff member, who was there as part of a revenue enforcement operation, approached a passenger to ask about his ticket.
An altercation on the Jubilee line platform followed, where the passenger barged the rail worker.
Both men fell onto the tracks, with the passenger then running off down the tracks.
The staff member, 54, was taken to hospital for treatment to his head and hand.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Dean Percival said: “This was a serious and unprovoked assault and I am looking to speak with anyone who may recognise the man in the CCTV images. “Likewise, I would also like to hear from anyone who witnessed this incident.”
Anyone with information should call 0800 40 50 40 or text i 61016, quoting 271 06/07/17.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k