Promise Nkenda stabbing: Boy, 17, is fourth teen to be charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has become the fourth teenager to be charged with the murder of Promise Nkenda in Canning Town.
The youth, from Forest Gate but who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested in February but only charged today.
He appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court the same day.
Three other boys - two aged 17 and one aged 14 - have previously been charged with murder.
They are set to face trial at the Old Bailey on Monday, August 13.
You may also want to watch:
Promise, who was 17 and from North Woolwich, died at the scene after being stabbed in Goldwing Close on February 14.
An 18-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of murder in March has been released under investigation.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 3 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 4 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0