Promise Nkenda stabbing: Boy, 17, is fourth teen to be charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has become the fourth teenager to be charged with the murder of Promise Nkenda in Canning Town.
The youth, from Forest Gate but who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested in February but only charged today.
He appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court the same day.
Three other boys - two aged 17 and one aged 14 - have previously been charged with murder.
They are set to face trial at the Old Bailey on Monday, August 13.
You may also want to watch:
Promise, who was 17 and from North Woolwich, died at the scene after being stabbed in Goldwing Close on February 14.
An 18-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of murder in March has been released under investigation.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross