Promise Nkenda stabbing: Boy, 17, is fourth teen to be charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has become the fourth teenager to be charged with the murder of Promise Nkenda in Canning Town.
The youth, from Forest Gate but who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested in February but only charged today.
He appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court the same day.
Three other boys - two aged 17 and one aged 14 - have previously been charged with murder.
They are set to face trial at the Old Bailey on Monday, August 13.
You may also want to watch:
Promise, who was 17 and from North Woolwich, died at the scene after being stabbed in Goldwing Close on February 14.
An 18-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of murder in March has been released under investigation.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims