Promise Nkenda stabbing: Police make third arrest
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the murder of a teenager in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day have made a third arrest.
Lord Promise Nkenda, known as Promise, died on Wednesday evening in Goldwing Close after being stabbed in the chest.
The 17-year-old was the third teenager in London killed as a result of knife crime so far this year.
Officers arrested another 17-year-old boy yesterday on suspicion of murder.
He remains in custody at a police station.
You may also want to watch:
Two boys, both aged 17, appeared at Barking Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with Promise’s murder and robbery.
The pair have been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election