Promise Nkenda stabbing: Police make third arrest
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the murder of a teenager in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day have made a third arrest.
Lord Promise Nkenda, known as Promise, died on Wednesday evening in Goldwing Close after being stabbed in the chest.
The 17-year-old was the third teenager in London killed as a result of knife crime so far this year.
Officers arrested another 17-year-old boy yesterday on suspicion of murder.
He remains in custody at a police station.
You may also want to watch:
Two boys, both aged 17, appeared at Barking Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with Promise’s murder and robbery.
The pair have been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 5 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 6 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 7 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 8 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 9 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 10 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light