Promise Nkenda stabbing: Police make third arrest
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the murder of a teenager in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day have made a third arrest.
Lord Promise Nkenda, known as Promise, died on Wednesday evening in Goldwing Close after being stabbed in the chest.
The 17-year-old was the third teenager in London killed as a result of knife crime so far this year.
Officers arrested another 17-year-old boy yesterday on suspicion of murder.
He remains in custody at a police station.
You may also want to watch:
Two boys, both aged 17, appeared at Barking Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with Promise’s murder and robbery.
The pair have been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham