Promise Nkenda stabbing: Police make third arrest
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the murder of a teenager in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day have made a third arrest.
Lord Promise Nkenda, known as Promise, died on Wednesday evening in Goldwing Close after being stabbed in the chest.
The 17-year-old was the third teenager in London killed as a result of knife crime so far this year.
Officers arrested another 17-year-old boy yesterday on suspicion of murder.
He remains in custody at a police station.
You may also want to watch:
Two boys, both aged 17, appeared at Barking Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with Promise’s murder and robbery.
The pair have been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking