Promise Nkenda murder: Police make fourth arrest
- Credit: Archant
Police have made a fourth arrest in relation to the stabbing of 17-year-old Promise Nkenda.
A 14-year-old boy was arrested on March 1 and charged with murder.
He will appear in custody at Stratford Youth Court today.
On Saturday, two boys aged 17 were arrested and charged with Promise’s murder and robbery. A third boy was arrested on Monday and taken to an East London police station, but has been bailed until mid-march.
Promise, from North Woolwich, was stabbed in the chest in Canning Town on February 14. He died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old was the third teenager in London killed as a result of knife crime so far this year.
On Sunday, family and friends released balloons in Pier Road in tribute to the teenager.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
Anyone with information should contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3775 or via 101 quoting reference 8884/14Feb.
Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.