Promise Nkenda murder: Police make fourth arrest
- Credit: Archant
Police have made a fourth arrest in relation to the stabbing of 17-year-old Promise Nkenda.
A 14-year-old boy was arrested on March 1 and charged with murder.
He will appear in custody at Stratford Youth Court today.
On Saturday, two boys aged 17 were arrested and charged with Promise’s murder and robbery. A third boy was arrested on Monday and taken to an East London police station, but has been bailed until mid-march.
Promise, from North Woolwich, was stabbed in the chest in Canning Town on February 14. He died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old was the third teenager in London killed as a result of knife crime so far this year.
On Sunday, family and friends released balloons in Pier Road in tribute to the teenager.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
Anyone with information should contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3775 or via 101 quoting reference 8884/14Feb.
Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.