Promise Nkenda murder: Police make fourth arrest
- Credit: Archant
Police have made a fourth arrest in relation to the stabbing of 17-year-old Promise Nkenda.
A 14-year-old boy was arrested on March 1 and charged with murder.
He will appear in custody at Stratford Youth Court today.
On Saturday, two boys aged 17 were arrested and charged with Promise’s murder and robbery. A third boy was arrested on Monday and taken to an East London police station, but has been bailed until mid-march.
Promise, from North Woolwich, was stabbed in the chest in Canning Town on February 14. He died at the scene.
The 17-year-old was the third teenager in London killed as a result of knife crime so far this year.
On Sunday, family and friends released balloons in Pier Road in tribute to the teenager.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 4 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
Anyone with information should contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3775 or via 101 quoting reference 8884/14Feb.
Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.