Promise Nkenda murder: Police make fourth arrest
- Credit: Archant
Police have made a fourth arrest in relation to the stabbing of 17-year-old Promise Nkenda.
A 14-year-old boy was arrested on March 1 and charged with murder.
He will appear in custody at Stratford Youth Court today.
On Saturday, two boys aged 17 were arrested and charged with Promise’s murder and robbery. A third boy was arrested on Monday and taken to an East London police station, but has been bailed until mid-march.
Promise, from North Woolwich, was stabbed in the chest in Canning Town on February 14. He died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old was the third teenager in London killed as a result of knife crime so far this year.
On Sunday, family and friends released balloons in Pier Road in tribute to the teenager.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Anyone with information should contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3775 or via 101 quoting reference 8884/14Feb.
Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.