Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- Credit: Google
A police officer is due to appear in court to face a charge of causing death by careless driving.
PC Daniel Bowen, who is based at Stratford Police Station, will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (April 22).
The 28-year-old's appearance follows an investigation by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) watchdog.
The probe was into a road traffic incident in East Ham in July, after which an 83-year-old man died in hospital.
The investigation was completed within six months.
You may also want to watch:
The IOPC provided a file of evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service, which then made the decision to charge PC Bowen.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex