Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- Credit: Google
A police officer is due to appear in court to face a charge of causing death by careless driving.
PC Daniel Bowen, who is based at Stratford Police Station, will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (April 22).
The 28-year-old's appearance follows an investigation by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) watchdog.
The probe was into a road traffic incident in East Ham in July, after which an 83-year-old man died in hospital.
The investigation was completed within six months.
You may also want to watch:
The IOPC provided a file of evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service, which then made the decision to charge PC Bowen.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 9 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation