Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- Credit: Google
A police officer is due to appear in court to face a charge of causing death by careless driving.
PC Daniel Bowen, who is based at Stratford Police Station, will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (April 22).
The 28-year-old's appearance follows an investigation by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) watchdog.
The probe was into a road traffic incident in East Ham in July, after which an 83-year-old man died in hospital.
The investigation was completed within six months.
You may also want to watch:
The IOPC provided a file of evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service, which then made the decision to charge PC Bowen.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham